The staff of Streamline O&P is eager to provide a pleasant and positive experience to all of our patients. Here's what you can expect as a new patient:
1. All patients need a prescription from their physician to be seen by our practitioners.
2. Once you have a prescription, call our office to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.
3. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time to fill out necessary paperwork. You can also print out forms on our website, fill them out in advance, and bring them with you.
4. Upon arrival, you will be asked to complete patient forms (if not already completed) and you will be given information about our privacy and financial policies. You will also be asked to provide your insurance card.
5. You will then be seated in a private examination room for your evaluation with one of our practitioners.
6. Your orthotist or prosthetist will complete a comprehensive evaluation to determine the best individualized treatment plan for you based on the referral from your physician. Your practitioner will include you and your family members in setting goals for your treatment.
7. Your practitioner may take measurements or casts of your arm or leg in order for our technicians to fabricate a brace or prosthesis that is custom-fit to you.
8. Your practitioner will give you further instructions regarding the wear and care of your brace or prosthesis, how to take it on and off, and follow-up visits at our office, or with your physician or therapist.